The Ninth Annual
Higher Education Energy
Efficiency and Sustainability Best Practice Awards
Most award categories of the Best Practice Awards program are only open to University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) campuses. One winner per higher education system will be selected in each award category. Similar to last year, we are including private colleges in the award category of Sustainability Champion.
Community Colleges are not participating in this year's awards competition as the CCC Board of Governors will again be holding their own competition.
Directions — Read Before Submitting
- Nominations and any accompanying materials must be submitted electronically to Rashmi Sahai (email@example.com) by March 8th, 2013, no exceptions.
- Nominations must be submitted by faculty, students, or staff. Outside entities—including non-profits, architects, and consultants—can assist in the preparation of nomination forms, but nominations submitted by non-campus personnel will not be considered.
- For each winning project, at least one campus stakeholder (student, faculty, or staff) is expected to present at the Higher Education Sustainability Conference. Please do not apply for a Best Practice Award if no one from your campus will be able to present if your project is selected for an award.
- For each project or program that wins a Best Practice Award, one campus stakeholder (student, faculty, or staff) may receive a discounted conference registration. More details will be announced as soon as possible.
- Projects that previously won best practice awards within the last four years are ineligible for this year's competition.
- Nomination forms vary by award categories. Please be sure that you have completed the appropriate nomination form.
Award Categories and Nomination Forms